Bastrop, Texas Campus Immersion Tutor (Intermediate Math and Reading)
ABOUT THE JOB:
SiSTEM Tutoring Agency has partnered with several schools across Bastrop, Texas and we are looking for qualified tutors who can tutor intermediate Math and Reading in a face-to-face environment at various schools across the city; however, the closest available campus will be assigned based on your zip code. Hiring begins October 23, 2023, and the position starts on Campus beginning of November 2023.
- MUST BE eligible to work in the United States of America and have a valid Social Security Number; Note: we do not sponsor visas at this time.
- MUST BE Committed to tutoring for the duration of the assignment with a possibility of extension.
- MUST HAVE reliable transportation and be able to attend in-person tutoring sessions in a timely and consistent manner.
- MUST Be able to pass a background check.
- Great interpersonal skills with the ability to adapt and relate to students from diverse backgrounds.
- MUST HAVE your own computer and be technologically savvy (email, texting, Slack, Google Sheets/Excel).
- MUST HAVE a selfless commitment to making a difference in students' lives (we work with migrant students and you must have compassion for all students regardless).
- As a tutor, you will work one-on-one with students to provide academic support in a variety of subjects.
- You will be responsible for developing lesson plans, assessing student progress, and communicating with parents and teachers as needed.
- Tutors that can help middle school students prepare for their STAAR exam in Math.
- Be able to work with up to 15 students at a time.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND EXPERTISE:
- A college student with at least 60 hours of credit hours.
- A college graduate (Bachelor’s, Master’s, Doctoral degree holder).
- A certified teacher with SBEC or other teacher state licensure certification.
- A retired teacher with SBEC or other teacher state licensure certification.
- Skilled in any grade level of Math, Science, Social Studies, or Reading.
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years of mentoring, tutoring, or teaching in a classroom or school environment.
- Have expertise in Elementary, Middle, and High school subjects.
- Be able to work with 1 to 15 students at a time.
- This position is a CONTRACT job. Contract Tutor will receive W-9 and must file/pay their own taxes.
- SiSTEM Tutors enjoy a competitive pay rate, based on education, and experience. Because we recognize your drive to the campuses could be longer than a reasonable commute we offer incentives such as Mileage, or Gas Cards.
- All Tutors will have access to our contractor INCENTIVE Website that offers discounts on vacations, buying your own personal insurance, discounts on home repairs, cars, hotels, amusement parks, and much more!
- SiSTEM has a robust Contractor Recognition program, including bonuses, raises, perfect attendance, tutor of the month, tutor of the year, and end-of-year celebrations. Pay is $15.00-$27.00
Our Contractor Referral Policy is designed to reward employees who refer contractors who are hired by SiSTEM Tutoring Agency. We offer a referral bonus to employees who refer contractors who are hired and complete a certain amount of work for our company. This bonus is a way to show our appreciation for our employees' efforts in helping us find the right people for the job.
All SiSTEM tutors are welcome to refer qualified candidates to SiSTEM tutoring. Both the current SiSTEM tutor and applicant must complete training, onboarding and actively work with us for 30 days before the referral bonus of $ 100 can be paid out.